- Address: 812 Shepard Street, Morehead City, NC, 28557
- GPS: 34.7197143,-76.7134025
- Phone: 2527266855
- Website: http://harborviewrehab.com/
- Monday 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesday 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Thursday 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Harborview Health Care Center like street address and directions, phone number, inspections, penalties and other useful information.
This facility address is: 812 Shepard Street, Morehead City, NC, 28557. Harborview Health Care Center is ranked 1 out of 2 total Nursing Home Facilities in the city of Morehead City, 1 out of 11 facilities within 20 mile radius and 44 out of 427 facilities within the state of North Carolina. They have 76.0 Residents in Beds and 122.0 Medicaid Beds.
Cost and Pricing Information
|Facility||Private Room Monthly Cost||Non-private Room Monthly Cost|
|Harborview Health Care Center*||$5,018||$4,714|
|State Average Cost||$7,452||$6,570|
|On Medicaid it may be possible to to have the full cost of care covered, less the income of the individual receiving care.|
Popular questions at Harborview Health Care Center
What can a nursing home take for payment?
- Medicare provides some coverage for nursing facilities, but you will still be left with out-of-pocket expenses. Medicare covers 100 days at a skilled nursing facility per benefit period. In some cases, Medicare can also cover 35 hours per week of home health services.
- Medicaid assistance levels differ between states. Veterans and their spouses may also be eligible for extended assistance benefits – veterans themselves may qualify for as much as $1,794 per month in assistance for nursing home costs.
- Many people choose to pay their nursing home fees with long-term care insurance. Long-term care insurance is designed to cover nursing homes, assisted living, and other ongoing healthcare needs. Some types of life insurance also provide a way to access your death benefit to pay for long-term medical coverage as needed.
How much does Medicaid pay for nursing home?
If you qualify for Medicaid, they will pay the full cost of your nursing home expenses in most cases. However, if you do have any remaining income, you will be required to relinquish most of it. You will be allowed to keep a small portion of your income as an allowance for your daily needs.
What is the difference between assisted living and nursing home?
The terms “assisted living” and “nursing home” have different definitions, even though they are sometimes used interchangeably. An assisted living facility helps residents with their daily tasks, such as preparing meals, taking medications, and cleaning their spaces, but it does not provide ongoing medical care. The staff at an assisted living facility can take residents to their doctor’s appointments and provide help with common wellness issues, but they are not physicians and cannot provide the same level of care as a nursing home.
Nursing homes provide medical care around the clock, as well as help with everything from eating to bathing to dressing, depending on the patient’s needs. Nursing home patients are supervised by licensed physicians. Many patients move from assisted living to a nursing home after an injury or if a chronic condition gets too difficult to manage without daily care.
How much does Medicare pay for nursing home?
Medicare does not cover the full cost of staying in a nursing home. Medicare does cover the first 100 days in any skilled nursing facility, but after that point you will need to rely on savings, long-term care insurance, Medicaid, or another solution to pay your nursing home expenses.
What is a nursing home?
A nursing home is a facility for old adults that provides medical services as well as help with important daily tasks, such as eating and bathing. Patients in nursing homes are supervised by a team of physicians and nurses to ensure that care is always available. Nursing homes provide visitation options so that patients can maintain their relationships with their loved ones.