- Address: 3333 Brown Road, Saint Louis, MO, 63114
- GPS: 38.7126457,-90.35064039999999
- Phone: 3144262211
- Website: http://sjpcare.com/#contact
- Monday 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesday 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Thursday 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the St Johns Place like street address and directions, phone number, inspections, penalties and other useful information.
This facility address is: 3333 Brown Road, Saint Louis, MO, 63114. St Johns Place is ranked 20 out of 40 total Nursing Home Facilities in the city of Saint Louis, 281 out of 554 facilities within 20 mile radius and 282 out of 519 facilities within the state of Missouri. They have 61.0 Residents in Beds and 94.0 Medicaid Beds.
Cost and Pricing Information
|Facility||Private Room Monthly Cost||Non-private Room Monthly Cost|
|St Johns Place*||$5,170||$4,258|
|State Average Cost||$5,264||$4,730|
|On Medicaid it may be possible to to have the full cost of care covered, less the income of the individual receiving care.|
Popular questions at St Johns Place
How much does a nursing home cost?
There are many factors that determine the cost of a nursing home, such as location and specific services. The average yearly cost for a semi-private room in a nursing home is $89,297, while a private room is $100,375. The costs for assisted living and retirement communities tend to be much more affordable as they do not provide extensive medical services. The average cost of an assisted living facility is $43,200 per year.
What is the average cost of a nursing home by state?
Nursing home expenses can be drastically different depending on what state you are in. Learn more information about the average costs for a month in a private room in a nursing home in each state.
What can a nursing home take for payment?
- Medicare provides some coverage for nursing facilities, but you will still be left with out-of-pocket expenses. Medicare covers 100 days at a skilled nursing facility per benefit period. In some cases, Medicare can also cover 35 hours per week of home health services.
- Medicaid assistance levels differ between states. Veterans and their spouses may also be eligible for extended assistance benefits – veterans themselves may qualify for as much as $1,794 per month in assistance for nursing home costs.
- Many people choose to pay their nursing home fees with long-term care insurance. Long-term care insurance is designed to cover nursing homes, assisted living, and other ongoing healthcare needs. Some types of life insurance also provide a way to access your death benefit to pay for long-term medical coverage as needed.
What happens when one spouse goes to a nursing home?
Medicaid has spousal protection rules in place, which vary from state to state. These rules are in place to ensure that the spouse can keep the assets and income they need to live comfortably. In most cases, spouses can continue to use the entirety of their own income. They may be able to access a portion of their spouse’s income, depending on the situation. The spouse will also be able to keep 50 percent of the couple’s total joint assets.
How to get Medicaid to pay for a private room at nursing home?
If you qualify for Medicaid, they will pay the full cost of your nursing home expenses in most cases. However, if you do have any remaining income, you will be required to relinquish most of it. You will be allowed to keep a small portion of your income as an allowance for your daily needs.